Monday, February 27, 2012

A Beautiful Birthday

Laney is now 5 years old. Catch me, I may fall over. I mean, saying that time flies by doesn't even come close to describing the speed of these last five years.
A few months ago Laney asked me one day, "Momma, what is a beauty shop?"
Ok, so don't judge me, I just never had a need to take the kids to a beauty shop. I guess after paying for my beauticians license the least I can do is put it to a bit of use by doing our hair. But, I did not realize that in doing so, neither of our children had ever been to a salon. I decided then that a Momma and daughter day at the beauty shop would be the perfect way to spend her birthday.
We chose a hair salon that I worked at for three years back when I was still "doing hair". I put some extra effort into making this a memorable occasion for the both of us. I dug through my party box and found a crown for her to wear that said "birthday girl". She loved it when I showed it to her as we got ready for our big day out. I even went to great lengths to wear something that was both pink and sparkly, just so that Laney would be impressed with my attire :) Although there was still a good deal of grey in my outfit ...ha! I'm plain, but she still loves me (all this according to my sweet girly girl).
When we got to the salon, Laney was all eyes. She loved all the bright colors, sparkly wall decor, and everything going on.

Coloring in the Kids Kafe
First up, she got a mini-manicure. She picked hot pink nails with a layer of glitter over them. Then she had some nail art on each thumb. One was Hello Kitty and the other a butterfly. Keisha, our stylist for the day, did such a great job making Laney feel special and all the extra little details she went to the trouble of doing really made Laney's day!

Then it was to the pump up chair, that Laney had been dying to sit in. She got her hair trimmed, curled and sprayed with sparkles. Momma also got a little trim and style, which was desperately needed and long overdue.

She wasn't really wanting her hair cut because she wants it to be long so bad, but it had to have the ends shaped up



I just loved this chair, and she says she looked like a queen setting on her throne

It was such a fun day for the two of us to spend together and I think she will remember it for a long time. We will for sure be having occasional beauty shop days again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment