Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Aww, for a sweet baby

While we were in Memphis, the afternoon before we left, all the older kids took a nap. During the quiet time, me and Katie took photos of Blakely. A new mom with 3 kids doesn't have much time to get photos, especially any with her in them, so we spent some time doing just that. Those early weeks with a baby go by so fast, so I was happy to get to take a few pictures for them. These don't really need any explanation, so enjoy Momma and her littlest gal...

Momma and her little love


super sleepy

yawn

Oh they look alike, yes?

sweet dreams



lil feet

beautiful dreamer

These last two photos I have to explain...
I was tending to Blakely and Katie left the room, well I thought I would see if she liked being on her belly, she did. She was bobbing her little head around (she was exactly one month old this day) and doing what new babies do. I was thinking that she had quiet a bit of head support for a one month old...


And all the sudden, she raised completely up, looked at me (or somewhere, she was very cross eyed for a second there). I was so shocked I kinda hollered for Katie. By the time she got in the room, the baby had tired out and was laying back down. I was trying to tell Katie how she had just raised right up. Well, I told her I might have gotten a picture of it, we looked on my camera and....yes, I had.

Katie said this was the scariest thing she has seen. Love this funny photo. And seriously I think the look on her face is her being shocked that she just raised up like this!


These were fun to take and just looking at them makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. sweet pictures!...except the last one!! i have to agree with katie...that one freaked me out. i hate we missed seeing y'all when you were in town, i'm sure the kids would have liked to see one another and play together. you'll have to let us know next time!

    ReplyDelete