This Mother's Day weekend was so nice. I was really spoiled by my husband and kids. Laney with her Mimi's help (shout of thanks to Mimi for taking her) went shopping and picked out a Mom necklace and earring set that was pink and sparkly for me, some pink sparkly cupcake lip gloss and a pink dahlia potted plant. Im pretty sure there was something else pink and sparkly but I can't remember what it was :) She had been asking everyone for weeks to help her get me a Mother's Day present and she was so pleased with herself when she gave me her gift.
Caleb heard Laney talk so much about Mother's Day that he started
asking every day "is it Moffers Day?" And when it finally was he told me
Happy Moffers Day atleast 20 times.
Saturday, Ricky took me and the kids to Jackson and
treated us all out to Longhorn for dinner.. . yumo yum, it was
fantastic! The kids enjoyed it too and it was the perfect Saturday spent
with just the 4 of us, my favorite!
Laney kept telling me that she was going to make me breakfast in bed.
I decided Ito help Ricky out a little and the night before I
slipped into the kitchen, once the kids were asleep, and "helped" him fix up a tray for my meal the next morning.
Laney loved it, and Caleb couldn't believe that I was drinking out of
his Mickey Mouse cup. Little things make it so much fun for them!
 |
| I mean we are FANCY around here, yes? lol...thru a kids eyes, tho, it was special! |
I ,,,errr, that is Ricky made a menu out for Laney with pictures so that
she could come take my order. And once my order was placed she delivered
it to chef Ricky. I did take it easy on him and ordered a light meal :)
But he did make an extra effort to see that it had a smiley face on
it.... this was fun and the best part was hearing them all in the
kitchen talking and planning as they got it ready.
 |
| Taking my order...with the fancy pen ;) |
 |
| Happy Toast |
 |
| They are proud and I am ....chinese? |
 |
| Doesn't get much better! |
I had my breakfast in
the princesses bed, then we all go ready for church. This year I thought it would be neat to have Laney wear a dress to church on Mother's day that I wore when I was a little girl. My sister, and 2 of my cousins and I all wore this dress thru the years and it is still in great shape. Laney loved it and looked adorable, and it so reminded me of being a little girl.
 |
| This dress is nearly 30 years old |
 |
| It was a little sunny |
 |
| Me and my blonde babies |
I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! I have been blessed with a great Mom, and have been blessed to get to be a Momma to my wonderful kids. Mother's Day is just a great day to remember how much we have been given and how important good Mom's are!
No comments:
Post a Comment