It has been too many years since my lovely cousin, Kim has gotten to stay with us. When she was growing up, every summer she would pack up and drive up from Memphis to stay with us for the week. Now that she is grown and married we haven't gotten the chance to spend as much time together, but this summer, while school was out (she is a teacher) she got to come up and spend a week with us.
 |
| She is such a teacher...showing Caleb all about advocadoes and tricking him into liking them :) |
BEST VISIT EVER! First of all, can I just say to have another gal around the house pitching in with the kids, meals, clean-up and supervising was FANTASTIC! Not only did I have someone around for some great girl-talks, but the kids loved her, she is totally at home with us and vice versa and I felt like I had a live in nanny/cook/cleaner all week. I felt like I should have paid her a hefty fortune for all she did here (although as it worked out, a little vintage Dooney & Bourke purse was a nice little bonus I was able to spoil her with ;)
 |
| Kim and her thrift store finds! |
While Bunny was here (don't even ask) we got to have a girls thrifting day. I LOVE to thrift shop. Notice i did not say i love to shop! I do not! But I love to hunt down some thrift store deals, and luckily so does Helga. We took a whole day, and drove on Hwy 70 to Dickson hitting up every thrift store we came across. Then it was on to Franklin to my favorite thrift store. We had a very successful day! I mean we had the van seats folded down and the back was FULL of things and the entire day cost under $200. My kind of shopping venture!
 |
| Kim's finds - Pants, shirt, dresses x 3, vintage D&B purse, sandals X 2, books for her students x 11, picture frame a coat that I am jealous of and a couple mason jars for a project she has going. Can't remember the exact total for all this but it was somewhere less than $100. |
We hated to see her go, but so enjoyed Kim's visit with us!
Stay tuned for more thrifty finds and makeovers we have been busy with this summer...
No comments:
Post a Comment