Friday, October 5, 2012

Indian medicine maiden



Have I mentioned how happy it makes me when my children are playing and using their imaginations? I love seeing them being kids and keeping themselves occupied without Momma or Daddy being with them. Caleb loves all things cars. All things with wheels. Motorcycles. 4-wheelers. Motors. Tractors. Mighty Machines is his favorite new show to watch. If you have a little boy you must check this out. Granted it bores me a bit but he gets all into it.





This was the scene on my front porch a few weeks back. Ricky was outside "piddling" with yard work and the kids were out playing. I stepped outside to take a couple pictures of Caleb playing with his cars.  
Before I went back in I went to looking for Laney to make sure she was staying out of trouble. Talk about a fun scene when I found her. 


Doesn't she look like an Indian medicine woman or something? hah! She used her sidewalk chalk to make a paste and first painted her face with it. Then she would mix some more and painted the concrete well cap on our well. I watched her for the better part of an hour do this and then snuck over for a few pictures. I love oh love when they are being imaginative. Of course a less messy option would be nice occasionally :) Oh well, atleast they are content!








On a side note, our grass was really tall for some reason then and she got the worst case of chigger bites on her back and booty. I think its the first time she has experienced chiggers and she ended up with over 30 of those itchy red bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment