Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Makeover marathon #1


Remember when I posted about "gearing up for a makeover" ? Well, project office/playroom makeover is in full swing and we will be posting alot on this. It is coming along (a little slower than I would like, thanks to being sidelined with a headache that will not go away, 23 days and counting). I really like having a blog to document how I go about doing things like this because too often I do something and then forget how I went about doing it. This way, I will remember how many coats of paint and which products I like and which I don't. So, now we will see which  of my endeavors are successful and which are not. First up is my most exciting piece. This lovely dresser I got while thrifting for $20 (she was priced at $45 but we love to barter don't we?) Besides the goal here is to do a full room transformation on the CHEAP CHEAP! Dresser here came with a huge gaudy mirror that I have other plans for. I am so nervous/excited about this piece. Isn't she a beauty?



Ok, if you say no, you aren't alone. Ricky thinks she is so ugly. But, when I saw her I had to have her. She fit into my plan perfectly. Once complete (if its a success) she will take on a new form. And a new purpose. Bless her heart, here she is getting step one of her transformation. Ricky is teaching me how to use his manly tools. I insisted that he let me do the work myself and instruct me on using them. (AND SUPERVISE...because lets face it, I would like to keep all my fingers and limbs).
Step one is complete. Used the reciprocating saw to give her a little change. Stay tuned for more... I have on one fabulous outfit, no?
You know this blogging is seriously daunting stuff. Cause once I have this posted there is no going back. And if this project crashes and burns you will all know about it. Ah, well....here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment