Monday, December 10, 2012

Basketball - Team Red



 Laney played on a basketball league this year. This is the first year in a long time that our town has had a youth league for basketball, so we were all pretty excited. Our team (Team Red) was for Kindergarten through 2nd grade, making her one of the youngest on the team.


Her first game, she was chosen to receive the game ball for sportsmanship. In the beginning she was unable to get the ball up to the goal, but by our last practice she had it down and made several shots that made it in the hoop. She is for sure tenderhearted and cried several times if someone bumped her or if she got hit.

Yes, that is me holding her on the far right. She got bumped and had to have a little mommy loving before she could play again.
But she had a lot of fun with her friend from school Emma. Several games the two of them spent most of the time running up and down the court holding hands :) Pretty sweet.


Thats her...#6
 I'll leave you with this picture. I snapped it with my phone so it is a bit blurred, but I thought it was funny. She looks like she is really jumping so high. Lol, she really is maybe 2 inches off the floor. Thought it made her look like a real baller!


It was fun watching these little ones play the last few weeks. I'm glad she got to play this year, but I won't miss those early Saturday morning game times.

No comments:

Post a Comment