Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nashville Family Christmas

The Sunday afternoon (before Christmas) we were going to Nashville (after driving to Memphis and back the day before), for our Christmas celebration with Ricky's family. We picked Nina up and she rode with us which made the trip pass much quicker. She brought along this little story telling Hallmark elf and it really entertained the kids and the adults for the trip up.

The van was loaded!...we were packed in like sardines!

Christmas!
We got to the Pate house and it felt just like Christmas should when we walked in. It was warm and smelled delicious! (I think they said Drew had accidentally spilled some scented oil, but I thought he made it smell just right!) We all made ourselves right at home as you can tell...


The guys visiting
Uncle Jason (the foodie) had made some good treats as he always does, and Aunt Em's Chicken soup was so good (even if they did try and trick me into eating it ;) I can now add 'have eaten Indian food' to my list! We all brought food and there was no lack of it. Anything you could have wanted was there...and then some.

The kids all grouped together immediately and got busy playing and talking and having fun. So, we adults got to sit around the table eating and visiting. It was such a great laid back night. We had such a good time talking that I nearly forgot to take pictures but finally remembered about the time we got ready to open gifts, so I did get a few.
Nina and I taking pix of each other taking pix! (she loves her new camera)
Laney and Benny
PRESENT TIME!
Laney growing a plant out of her head and Santa Drew

Christmas Cousins
Every time we said "smile" Caleb would raise his hand???



The biggest hit with the kids and the adults...FLARP!

Family is such an important part of this time of year and the older I get the more I appreciate family and the times we spend together. I said at the beginning of this blog that this was "Ricky's family Christmas", but I just don't feel like that. This is MY family! They have accepted me into their hearts and make me feel so at home.  I am so thankful to be a part of such a wonderful group. I love my little nephews and watching them play with our kids as they are growing. I look forward to these times so much and feel like the time we spend together is a gift in itself. This Christmas, I am reminded of how very blessed we are to have each other and to celebrate our Savior's  birth with those we love!

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2.13-14)

Three adorable boys!
Thank you Pate family for hosting Christmas again this year. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment