Sunday, January 20, 2013

Caleb...a little boy almost 4

There are so many little things that make each of the kids unique. Caleb is still in that stage where he has these little quirks and things he says and does that I want to remember when he is older. A few things about Caleb at (almost) 4 years old. Can't believe he is turning 4 in 3 days!
Always running around in his underwear or having to "find a tree" outside. lol
Caleb "the night whisperer". I still keep a monitor upstairs with the kids and because of that we have dubbed Caleb the night whisperer. We can put that boy to bed and two hours later when we go to bed we will hear him very quietly playing in his bed and whispering out whatever him and his stuffed animals are doing. He is so quiet about it though that you may not even hear him for awhile. I personally love hearing him up there using his little imagination and playing it up, being a kid.

Sink baths - I know, I know he is probably too old for a sink bath, but I have a big sink! Laney has gotten to the point that she can give herself a shower and so when she does, I will just plop Caleb into the kitchen sink for his bath. He likes it and I love remembering the days when they were little babies and sink baths were common.



Caleb Talks - Yes, he still has his Australian outback accent. Other things he says that make us laugh are: "who bout it?" He uses "who bout" in place of "what if". So, for example he will say "Momma, who bout we go get so ice cream and go to the park, who bout that Momma?" Another thing he says is "for surely". For example he will say "Whew, it 'for surely' is hot in here, isn't it mom?"

Speaking of superheros, Caleb is one "for surely". On the days when it is just the two of us and Laney is off at school he spends most of the day in his pajamas wearing his cape and sometimes his mask, fighting off bandits and saving me from one monster or another.

My superhero
His newest quirk is saying "oh". I can't even explain it so that anyone else will understand unless you hear it. But over Christmas break and while he was recovering from pneumonia we started hearing him go "Oh". With this weird little accent. Cracks us up with him and all his dialects!

"Lane". He has gotten to where he shortens Laney's name to Lane. Its super sweet. Most people call her Laney Kay, and so do we. Although sometimes we call her Laney, or Laney Kat, or Lane. But for the most part she is Laney Kay. So its kinda sweet when he calls out "Lane". 


Caleb-the night whisperer, outback, crime fighting, sink-bath taking little boy. Love him! Such a tender hearted little wild man. 4 years old on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment