There is this guy I know. He is so good looking. He is sweet, loves to cuddle, and tells me I'm pretty.
Brown eyes, Blonde hair and a smile that would melt any girls heart.
Yes, my Caleb. This boy is going to make some lady very happy one day (as long as they don't mind a lot of talking from this heart throb hahah).
For Mother's Day my Momma did the sweetest thing with my kids for me. She invited each of the kids over separately and let them do "chores" with her to earn some money, which they could use to buy me a Mother's Day gift.
Caleb's day was first. Mimi said he worked really hard for her around the house and earned enough money to go buy me a gift and get himself a Happy Meal. Well, he really wanted that Happy Meal I know because he had been telling me so ever since he saw that Spiderman was the toy prize. But, Mimi told me that he decided not forego that because he wanted to have more money to spend on me...his Momma. Le sigh.
Mom took him to a local gift shoppe and retold me the story what happened there. He went in with his money and began browsing the story looking for the "perfect" gift. Now Caleb has alot of his Daddy in him and can be very particular when he sets his mind to it. After looking high and low and not agreeing to any of the gifts the ladies at the shoppe had shown him, he finally stopped and according to Mimi said "oh this is perfect. This is so pretty...just like my Momma" Ahem, yes, I cried a bit when she told me this story.
He then took the gift and had them wrap it and the shoppe owners allowed him to pick out the paper and ribbon he wanted on the package. I think he did a terrific job. He was so proud of himself and what he had done. But he did good and kept it a secret until Mother's Day when he dug it out from under Mimi's bed to give it to me.
Now I am not a big necklace person, or jewelry person really, but if you see me out sporting my very large purrple, gold flower necklace and matching earrings, just know that my son gave them to me. And my son thinks I'm pretty. And so I will be sproudly displaying his super sweet, thoughtful gift often. :)
| Me, my Momma and my necklace from Caleb. Not sure what happened in this photo but best I remember my Momma does not wear purple lipstick. |
Laney Kay also got to spend a day with Mimi doing chores and she used her money to buy me two new flowers for my gardens. She for sure knows what her Momma likes. On Mother's Day morning Laney turned her easel around and showed me she had done some artwork when I wasn't looking and hid it. She had drawn a big flower and in big letters written "you are the best Mommy every". :)
I don't know about being the best Momma ever, but I do know that I had two of the sweetest kids a girl could ever ask for.
Which brings me to one last person I wanted to highlight in this story. My Momma. She was so thoughtful and sweet to do this with my kids both for their sakes as well as my own. She is really the greatest Momma I could ask for and I think she made this whole story possible. Thank you for loving me, loving my babies and taking time from your days to make time for us. We love you!
Love, Us
No comments:
Post a Comment