Tuesday, September 9, 2014

When Caleb went to school

 Monumental Day. My baby went to Kindergarten. I began preparing/dreading it weeks/months/years ahead of this day. The day where I would have both kids in school and be left...alone. Deserted. Bored.  ;)

He has been so excited about school. He could not wait to get to go and see where Laney was all this time and see all she had been doing.


He has his big sister watching his back and checking up on him at school


He told me as we walked in that he didn't need me to walk him in, that he knew where his classroom was and could get there without me. I didn't let go that easily.

I walked him to his class and sat watching the first few minutes. He looked so small. So little and so excited.
My baby boy is so big, proud and I am proud of him


And then it happened. He said, "I think you should just stay with me". And then I knew it was time to go. He started looking just a tiny bit nervous so I put on my game face and told him bye. Afterall he had one of our close friends as his teacher and we knew he would be fine in her care.




So I snapped this one last photo...
And with that I walked out the door. As soon as I turned out of his classroom my eyes betrayed me and completely flooded my face with tears. And I could feel the big sobs kinda welling up in me and knew things were about to get ugly. I looked up and this cheery group of moms I knew was passing me in the hall. I quickly threw my sunglasses on and got out of there as fast as I could.

I cried. A few/ thirty times that day.
And then it was over. He LOVES school. He LOVES homework. He LOVES his teacher. And he LOVES me too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment