Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Trading out seasons

It's that time of year ~ Time to say goodbye

I always come to this time of the year with a half heavy heart. I do not like the cold weather. I do not like the long, dark winter days. 

A few weeks back when it was still warm out, we spent an afternoon, just the three of us outside, under the trees with our shoes kicked off, just playing around in the grass. I often think the outdoors is God's private therapy session for us.


That day was particularly warm and now (with the current temperature at 18 degrees!) I am looking back at these photos and really missing that warm sunshine and green, lush yard. 

Now that it is cooling off (cringe), we will be missing our time outdoors. We will miss throwing rocks into the pond, picnicking on a whim and flying kites.


In the meantime, we will trade out our outdoor fun for evenings spent playing indoors, family movie nights, getting cozy by the fireplace and the excitement of snow days and Christmas!  While on this positive note, what else is good about winter? (I'm really trying to look on the bright side.) Oh long hot baths, scarves and layers, boots and flannel pajamas. Ok - it is starting to sound a little better.



In all reality - our winter is looking like it will include a whole lot of sheetrock dust, painting, demolition and renovating. That should give us plenty to keep us busy inside the next few months. I suppose I can tolerate winter. Although it would be really nice to have about 6 weeks of it and then have it move on along. 
Until next spring ~ stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment