Sometimes the days have a way of getting away from me and I go too long without taking the time to appreciate the people, things and experiences happening around me. I was going through and sorting photos of the 100 house into a folder. While I was doing that I noticed a pattern. In alot of the photos you will see a certain someone in the background, rarely (almost never) posing and not usually even being aware he is being photographed.
Another thing that Ricky has going for us is that he knows how to do --- everything. I am not even kidding. He knows how to take care of everything, and do it right! He says it just seems that way to me, but I never understand how he seems to know how to do everything. And what he doesn't know he will take the time to watch videos, research, read and ask around for advice until he learns what he is trying to.
One thing that has been tough on us is that any time we have any sort of fumes in the house (paint, chemicals etc...) we have to be sure Caleb doesn't come in the house. His breathing and lung issues get easily aggravated and he can get sick pretty quickly on these things and we've found paint (even the low VOC kinds) are an especially rough trigger for him. So this left us alot of times leaving Ricky working at 100 on countless projects while I kept kids at 885 and worked on packing boxes, marketing/showing/selling our house and keeping things running at home.
I don't think Ricky realizes how rare it is to have his kind of work ethic, determination and know how to do the things he has accomplished. And I would suppose that is a good thing. He doesn't expect any thanks or bragging, but I thought that he deserved it today and wanted to put that in printed words and let him know how much I appreciate all he has done for our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment