Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas traditions

Well, the kids and I are officially on our Christmas break. And Ricky joins us, for a few days off work starting tomorrow afternoon. After a long and emotional couple of weeks, this is a welcome break. I intend to spend some of it crafting & making memories with the kids, doing some good deeds to show the kids what it looks like to put others needs first and showing them Jesus, finishing off Christmas wrapping and spending some real quality time in Ricky's recliner with my heating blanket, a rice bag and some Hallmark movies and kleenex. Let's be honest, me and Hallmark need some time together.

It is time for some down time, some quietening of the spirit, and getting ready for letting our hearts celebrate the coming of our Savior. Slowing down the pace here intentionally. And during this slowing down time, I look forward to catching up this blog here too.

Let's start with Christmas traditions -
Putting up the tree with Dad. Ricky and I picked out a new tree this year and the kids helped us find the perfect spot in the new house for our tree. It is a lovely tree and even tho it doesn't have the fresh scent of a real tree like we have gotten the last few years, it is still possibly one of my favorite trees we have had.

As we do every year, Mimi and Poppa came over and put the kids trees up with them. Caleb's little tree is on it's last leg and will need to be replaced after this year. But for now it is brightening his room with the ornaments he and Poppa hung on it.



Each year we look forward to seeing the new ornament that the kids get from Mimi and Poppa. It is a sweet tradition. I enjoy these kind of things the older I get and treasure these times.


We are quickly approaching Christmas Eve and are looking forward to time with family and friends.
May God bless you and your family this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment