This February on Valentine's weekend, me and my three favorite people took a little 4 day getaway to the mountains. It was cold and we had quiet a lot of snow up in the mountains. We stayed cozy though, and had a lot of fun seeing some sights and being together.
We did quiet alot of exploring (mostly from the warm, heated seats of the truck, lol, however we did bundle up and brave the temperatures to go on foot a few times when the snow was just starting. We also bundled up in our very country snow gear (looking so refined - we didn't care, we were happy!) and rode some of the mountain coasters! It was freezing fun and only a little frightening!| I told you in was Valentine's weekend! :) xoxoxox |
One day, we spent several hours at the Smoky Mountain Knifeworks, where the kids and their Daddy searched for their very first pocket knives. That is a memory for them all! And so far, all fingers and toes are still in place :)
Did I mention that this trip was a camping trip? In the mountains? In the snow ? In the dead of winter? Yep! :) Don't worry, more than one person thinks we are crazy - but it was so cozy and quiet. Now, don't get me wrong, I for sure prefer trips where there is lots of sun and we can spend most of our time outdoors not having to where long underwear and coveralls (haha) - but even still, this was a fun, getaway for us and we are already planning to go back, if the sun will ever come out and stay out!
Until then....I leave you with this last shot! I think we set a record for the most kissing photos of us that have ever been made on that trip lol! (Don't be jealous of my camo!)
No comments:
Post a Comment