Christmas Day is the annual Floyd Christmas. After we get up and have our own Christmas here with the kids, we get ready to go for a scrumptious breakfast at Grandmomma N Granddaddy Floyds. This year, since we moved across town, we only had to drive just around the corner to their house. We were the first to arrive this year, so we were able to settle in and watch everyone else pour in. The first year we were married I was kinda shocked to learn that everyone in the Floyd family still got together on Christmas day. Ten years later, however, I am hooked. It would not feel like Christmas if we did not have our huge breakfast, and all day eating there. I love this family and they have made me feel like I was family from day one.
Once breakfast was over the kids began the ever torturous wait to open gifts. Once everyone arrived, gifts were opened, followed by more food. They have some of the best cakes, pies, cookies and eats you will ever taste. We even made a day-after-Christmas trip back around the corner to nosh on the leftovers...they were even better the second time around. This year the new comer to the group was baby Elijah James. I got to rock him to sleep twice and I can't tell you how sweet that was. Here are a few glimpses of our day.
 |
| Caleb finishing off his Christmas breakfast |
 |
| The gamers |
 |
| Baby Elijah James |
 |
| Angry Bird Nick |
 |
| Baby Elijah James and Bessie-Bug |
 |
| Joshy, Ashley and Toni |
 |
| Sherri and Mollie, I want to go to Cancun TOO! |
 |
| Family genes |
 |
| Laney crushing on Josh |
 |
| Grandmama loving on Drew and my kids swarming Nick |
No comments:
Post a Comment