Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Round up

Merry Christmas 

Where do I even begin to recount all the Christmas activities of the last few days? I think it would be impossible to go into very much detail, but I would like to post an overview of the events we had. After all, I am trying to use this blog as a journal for the kids and Christmas is such a tradition-rich time of the year. So the next couple of posts will be about the different family Christmases. This first one was on Christmas Eve Eve with my parents and family. For the first time this year, all of the "kids" of the family decided it was time for my Mom to get a break for once on a holiday and not have to spend the day in the kitchen. So, all of us decided to handle the meal. We decided to have a 'tail-gate party' theme of food and it turned out great! I even got some of Ashby's famous butter-finger pie before Jake consumed it all. Everyone pitched in (even the guys) and we had food-a-plenty. We decided that if Mom will agree, we will continue to let the kids of the family provide Christmas dinner. Our Christmas at Mimi and Pops house is getting bigger and bigger, as our family is continually growing. Fortunately they planned ahead for a super huge family and their den holds us all really well. Uncle Doc and Aunt Becky made their Christmas stop and ended up in the middle of the boys annual paper/box/anything you can throw fight. The kids all ran around playing together until little Reed T. ran out of steam half way through the night. But he took a quick recharge session and was ready to finish the night with us.
Everyone had a wonderful time together. I think there is nothing like having Christmas with your own family. I really cherish the times when we can all be together. Here are a some scenes from the night.
Sister and Brother loving the excitement!
I love that Reed, he is getting so big


Pops, Mimi, Uncle Doc and Aunt Becky (yes, they look like twin couples!)

Caleb loves his Aunt Becky!

Me and My honey




The guys acting up
There was an unfortunate incident here...so awkward! We won't go into details, trying to forget!
Me and the brothers 3. We tried to get an all-the-girls picture but it just never happened. Maybe next year


The Wallaces

Ben trying to win Ashby :)

Laney and Reed

Ben hitting Aunt B with a box ~ Can't believe he was on the good list this year

No comments:

Post a Comment