It was an impulse purchase
I did not pay for it out of the cash envelope system
It was bought with my debit card
And I got a tremendous amount of joy from it.
There, I admitted it!
So today, while I was working, I had to go to our local Gift Shoppe (it was a work related stop). While I was there, I spied their after Christmas sale area. On this table sat this tiny, adorable little nativity set and I immediately knew I wanted it. Here is the reason I am falling more and more in "like" (because Ricky says I say I "love" too many things) with our new style of living. Before we were on a set monthly budget I would splurge on things like this on a fairly regular basis, without much thought and therefore it was nothing to get excited about. Now that we are trying really hard to live on less than we make, and make better decisions, these types of impulse buys have all but disappeared. Today, I did a little inward sigh, knowing how much the kids would like this nativity set and how much I really wanted it. Especially because since we moved I haven't been able to find a place for my larger nativity set making me want to buy this even more. Well, I sidled over to the table and looked for a price....there wasn't one. I asked how much it was and nearly did a little happy dance right on the spot when the lady told me it was on sale for $5.50. I grabbed it up and couldn't wait to show the kids. Much as I figured, they both oohhed- and aahhed over baby Jesus, and wanted to hold it. Then we wrapped it up and stored it for next Christmas.
So today I broke the budget and it was totally worth it!
| Isn't it sweet? |
No comments:
Post a Comment