So much going on this week. Catching up time...
We had an afternoon with Uncle Ben and Uncle Adam last week. That outing gave us some outdoor time which was nice. The grey days of winter have us inside for far too long now. The kids particularly enjoyed the chance to feed a couple of horses, who seemed more than happy to accept their attention. Caleb thinks he is one of the "uncles". Once, while they were walking far ahead of us, he called out to them, "wait for me guys!", and his little legs flew ahead to catch them.
 |
| Laney loved this "pink" gate. What is in fact an old,faded and rusting gate~ through her eyes becomes a pink gate,which she now wants us to get one to match. |
 |
| "wait for me guy!" |
We enjoyed a dusting of snow on Friday...Then Saturday we fed cows, took the kids to a basketball game and had our Foxy friends over for dinner, and it was a great night of visiting. Sunday was a wonderful service at FBC Camden and I am still dwelling on Bro. C's sermon. Yesterday after work, we had cows... to work. So, we corralled up the herd, de-wormed them and loaded nine calves and one "granny" cow up to haul off. The kids, Ricky, Paw-Paw and I all made the trip over to Huntingdon to the barn to leave for today's sale. So glad the cattle market is high right now and we can't wait to hear what they brought today! This photo was snapped with a cell phone so it is not the best, but here are our little cowgirl and cowboy with a load of calves in the back.
 |
| That light colored cow is our "granny" cow. She has been with us since we first started up this herd and is the last of "the originals" to leave us. |
 |
| Caleb looks like little green riding hood. That green monkey has been around for a long time, especially considering "she" came from the county fair and has one backwards foot and has swam in the fountains at Ole Miss. She's an adventurous little primate. |
This week is shaping up to be pretty busy too, but I think the evenings will be a bit slower so I am hoping to post more soon. I have several ideas and thoughts I am "writing" in my head and if they ever come together I will hopefully share.
No comments:
Post a Comment