Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Choosing paper instead of plastic


Ok, well the photos will pretty well explain this post. Last year we made the decision not to use credit cards. Ever. Again. Never. Under no circumstances. Well, these little guys have been stashed away in my wallet and I don't know why I was holding onto them. The only one I really wanted to keep and had told Ricky I wanted was my JCP card. I assured him that I received so many incentive offers, coupons and discounts by using the card that it was worth having it. And that was probably true. It was also my very first credit card and for some reason it made it the hardest to say so long to.

JCP made a decision recently that made it much, much easier for me to say farewell to this little plastic piece. As a matter of fact I got a great deal of pride from cutting that one up.

So, we say so long to another piece of spending temptation, and get rid of an unrealistic "plastic safety net".


Our shredder seemed to appreciate the afternoon snack we gave it and even he (I think it's masculine) seemed to voraciously dispose of that JCP card, perhaps even a little more aggressively than the others.

NOM NOM NOM!
Yay for another little bit of progress on the road to being debt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment