Has it already been a week? Wow, it goes by quickly. This week my thankful thought is - Saturdays! I know kinda mixed up sounding, my thankful Thursday thought being Saturday. Roll with it.
Right now we are learning to really be thankful for the time we get to spend together. With Ricky working around 70 hours a week, it takes some extra effort to spend quality family time together. We live for Saturdays! This is the day I am starting to protect and hoard from all disturbances. If I ignore anyone on the weekend, just know it is because we are trying to enjoy every bit of family time we can. Saturdays are so great around here these days.
 |
| Loving on Daddy |
We typically do not get out of bed until late. The kids bounce up around 7 and end up piled up on us, but we play with them, talk, snooze and just be completely lazy till close to 9. Then, we slooooowwwlllllyyy get up, and I cook us a home made breakfast. This past week it was pancakes (all of my bunch adore pancakes, except for me) scrambled eggs and bacon. We don't get in any hurry to do anything this day, and I am really learning to revel in that.
Once we have eaten we usually get dressed and ready to head to the farm, where we feed the cows. That takes somewhere around 2 hours of our time. This last Saturday, by the time we got to the farm, Caleb had fallen into a very sound sleep. So, Ricky and Laney did the honors, while I stayed with Caleb so he could finish his little mini-siesta.
 |
| Sleeping cowboy |
 |
| She can now raise the barn door up half-way by herself |
 |
| Daddy giving her a hand |
 |
| I thought this turned out cute |
 |
| Climbing up |
 |
| Her little feet, not quiet touching the floor, but getting closer |
 |
| Loading up |
 |
| These ladies love to see us coming |
 |
| ready for lunch |
Saturdays we almost always all take a nap in the afternoon and the evenings vary week to week.
No matter what we do, we just all spend the day together and try to slow things down alot. So, during the week when we are missing Ricky, we just all look forward to the weekend and it makes it so much more wonderful when we are all together. Saturdays are the bomb-diggity!
 |
| He finally woke up in time to hear the cows "talking" |
No comments:
Post a Comment