I wanted to post a review of our 2011 year month-by-month and high-light some of the things that happened throughout the year. Should have done this a month ago, but here it is, a little late.
January 2011- We were into the 'fast and furious' of remodeling our first flipper, 885. This month was when we had most of our flipping frustration with the house (all those last minute details, crazy painter dude problems) as well as the chaos of trying to pack the old house up. Caleb turned two and started sleeping in his little toddler bed.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
February 2011-The first weekend of February was to be moving day. We had this nice little plan in our heads (read-my head, because I am a planner and Ricky is, ehh, not so much with the planning) of me spending Thursday before the move at the new house cleaning all the mess up from the remodel while Ricky was at work and the kids had a babysitter. Then we were going to start moving that Friday evening after he got off work and all day Saturday. Well, on Thursday while I am cleaning at the new house, I call Ricky to tell him that I had heard the weather report for moving day was supposed to be rainy, with snow and ice. Not good moving weather. He said he already knew that and at this point I hear it in his voice. Something is up. I said "Are you at work?". He said, "No". Yes, my husband had enlisted some help and had gone and "packed" (I use that term loosely) everything from our old house and was on the way to the new house with it. I nearly flipped. Of course I had pictured packing things up in my own way (organized, labeled, folded, and neat) while I had a semi-sentimental time telling old house goodbye. His way was taking large boxes and dumping it in. Oh well, so instead of having that night where you walk around saying "last night in the old house", we didn't. He loved surprising me with that! It was fun. And Laney Kay began sleeping - really sleeping from the very first night we moved into this house. We don't know why, but she just sleeps all night here and never did before. 3 weeks after we moved in we had Laney's 3rd "girls only" birthday party in the new house. Complete with a runway show, and ballroom dance. She still talks about that party.
 |
| Party Girls |
 |
| Handmade Valentines |
March 2011- Ahh, spring. It is always so nice to get to have springtime pop up and surprise us with how wonderful it feels to get outside. This year when Spring rolled around the kids had all kinds of exploring to do in their new yard. Throwing rocks into the pond in the field behind the house is one of their favorite things to do. It's also good for fishing, we found. And the field behind the house is perfect for kite flying, much to Laney's liking. I spent alot of time digging in the dirt around the house, planting bulbs, potting plants and weeding flower beds out. I was so excited to finally have it looking lush outside. I am ready for spring again just thinking about it.
 |
| Picked me a bouquet of flowers :) |
 |
| Her Daddy took her kite flying |
April 2011-Easter was alot of fun this year. We had a get together here with Ricky's family. All the kids had so much fun working on dying eggs with Aunt Em and hunting eggs in the yard. Laney and Caleb continue to love the new house and spend hours riding around outside in their little Jeep.
 |
| Easter craft |
 |
| He loved it |
 |
| Jeepin |
May 2011- Uncle Jake graduated high school! Everything Jacob Michael does reminds me of my age! It seemed impossible for him to be graduating when I feel like only yesterday I was helping this little toddler do everything (sorry about zipping your chin up in that football jacket when you were 2).
School was letting out, which meant Daddy would be home more than normal. This summer he actually was home quiet a bit. It was almost strange to have him around every day. We really enjoyed it though and used that time to do lots of family activities together.
 |
| Smash-berry and Billy |
 |
| I remember when he was her size - like it was yesterday! |
June 2011-We celebrated our 9 year anniversary. Where did the time go? It really is true...it gets better and better every year! We snuck in a short overnight trip to Nashville and enjoyed getting out and seeing the sights there as well as just enjoying being together. We are so blessed to be with each other.
June was also held big sigh of relief for us. Caleb had been having respiratory issues. His pediatrician started to get worried about possible reasons for that and ended up sending us to Lebhoner Children's Hospital in Memphis. June and the few months leading up to it had us very nervous about his future. Thankfully nothing was found in the first barrage of tests. We were to be worked in for several other tests, that were very invasive and scared me, however, by the time they called with appointments for us, his troubles seemed to be on the mend...sigh of relief! While we were in Memphis we got to spend time with my grandparents and the kids LOVE going to their house.
 |
| The kids with their Great-Grandmother, Memaw Reed |
 |
| Our family |
July 2011- We spent a lot of family time together and most of it was outside.
Climbing trees, going to the river,swimming, picnics at the
creek. Summer fun!
 |
| I really like this photo of Lane |
 |
| Kids with their ear plugs swimming |
 |
| Creek time with Daddy...and yes, he has his feet jammed into my flops |
August 2011- Laney started school! So glad we got to break it in with only going 4 days a week this year. This was an incredible adjustment for me. I dreaded this more than I can tell you. It did help to know she would be surrounded by people we knew (benefit to a small town). But still, I just couldn't imagine my baby going to this strange, huge place and not knowing what she would be doing all the time. She, however, has loved every minute of it. She is so outgoing and not at all reserved like her Momma. The first day of school she told me it was ok if I was a little sad in her classroom but not to cry. She might have been a little unsure of herself when she got in and saw all the kids, but quickly stepped up and was ready for this new adventure. She went up to a little girl who was distraught over her mom leaving petted her hair, introduced herself and wrapped the little girl in her arms assuring her "it's gonna be ok, I'll stay with you". Here my baby was taking care of someone else's baby. I was so proud of her. And she has been that way ever since. Friends to everyone and always the little caretaker. I did have a little "Momma moment" later that afternoon and had to go home and have a little (big, emotional, ugly, out of control) cry.
 |
| First day of school. And look how excited she was! |
 |
| Caleb was not understanding what was going to happen, but he knew something was up |
 |
| Funny story - Laney was stomping around in the mud around the pond, Caleb thought it looked like fun, but he did not like it when he stepped in it and this is what his reaction was. |
 |
| All boy, complete with dirty face |
September 2011- All summer we had been wanting to make it to the zoo. Finally it worked out for me and the kids to go in September. We met up with my cousin, Katie and her girls for a day of excitement. We had a picnic in the zoo and the kids had a great time. We brought a wagon and at times all 4 kids would be piled on top of each other in the wagon. The picture of them reminds me so much of me, my sister and cousins. We would all line up like this at the zoo when we were little and have our pictures made. Look at these beautiful blonde kids.
 |
| Caleb, Taylor, Allie and Laney |
 |
| Me and my little loves |
 |
| Right before she stuck this into his mouth and swirled it around |
October 2011 - Ahh, fall. Fall is one of my top favorite things of all time. The kids and I had quiet a time picking out the perfect pumpkins for our front porch. And Laney and I attended her school Fall Fest. This year she had a fairy princess costume, although she saw it and said it was the "good witch" costume off the Wizard of Oz. Whatever it was, she looked enchanting in it and she was so excited cause I let her put on a little blush and lipstick. Caleb the pirate also got a bit of Mommy's makeup although his was more in the form of facial and chest hair. Yep, I did. I put chest hair on him. He was possibly the most adorable pirate ever. We also went on our fair share of hay rides. One of the things we do every year is volunteer to take different groups on hayrides/bonfires out at the farm. So, usually the kids and I go on several of these each year. I think we went on just 3 this time, though.
 |
| Yep, he is a real pirate, chest hair and all |
 |
| All Girl |
November 2011 - I had a birthday. A big one. I know 30 isn't old, but I just can't imagine where the last 10 years have went. They have been very full of life but just flew by! Thanksgiving this month meant we did alot of visiting with family and eating!
 |
| Painting our wooden scarecrows for Thanksgiving |
 |
| He is quiet the artist |
December 2011 - First Christmas in the new house...felt right! Ricky turned ...older. I got a black Friday bargain that I am so excited about and still have it hid out until Spring to give the kids. A great year. Ready for another...with hopefully, a little less sickness!
 |
| Winter wonderland compliments of Co-Co Buffy |
That was last year all wrapped up.
No comments:
Post a Comment