Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on Home Partay

So after I posted that last post on our home party, someone asked me a question about how the decorations for the party only cost me the price of the $2 flower, when in the photo there are helium balloons. I should have included the balloon explanation, cause it is a great little trick I learned from Grandaddy James several years ago.


So, the balloons cost me nothing. I had the balloons &  the yellow ribbon tied on them in my party box. Along with one other important "helium" ingredient. Fishing line. Yep, if you take about a 6 inch length of fishing line and tape one end to your balloon and one end to the ceiling, well, it looks like a helium balloon. And if you have several, it looks better to use different lengths of fishing line on each balloon so that they all hang at different heights, which I should have taken the time to do here.  I know, some of you out there are laughing literally out loud at me. I can hear you. But, if they look just as good as heliums, and they don't pose the risk of getting sucked into my ceiling fan, then why not? So, here is a shot where if you look close you can see the tape stuck to the lovely popcorn ceiling.


Another benefit to taping your balloons to the ceiling is that after many years of birthdays I am thinking we may successfully pull all that popcorn off with balloon tape :) wishful thinking probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment