Caleb's got a brand new bed.
Actually, that is not true. Caleb has a new mattress set and a very, very old bed.
Regardless, here is the story.
Caleb has been sleeping on a toddler bed since before we moved. Well, over the last month we could tell he was getting too big for it. He is the "good sleeper", but lately has started getting up more and more at night. I thought it was from potty training for awhile. Then I thought maybe it was because his asthma was keeping him up. But we finally decided it was his bed being too small for him. Every time he rolled over he would bang into the side of it and it would wake him up.
 |
| He was quick to point out to Laney that his bed had WHEELS and hers did not. ha! |
Saturday night we went and bought a new mattress set for him (at a nice discount, thanks to this great furniture store deal, we must be special ;) and set it up for him. I went ahead and used the old bedding I had from Laney's room at the old house because it was gender neutral and he loves the cow bed (as he calls it).
 |
| He is all boy! Lately he is all into muscles and punching and being strong...which he has told me and Laney over and over that "girls aren't strong" "girls don't fight" & "girls don't punch". |
This antique bed has been in Ricky's family for years and I really like it. This bed was Caleb's great-great grandparents bed on Ricky's Dad's Mother's side of the family (did ya get that?). We have the whole suite but it seemed impractical since a lot of the drawers are not in great shape on the dresser. But I may move the wardrobe into his room someday.
 |
| He was excited. The bed had to be wiped down because it has been in storage for awhile (this was obviously taken pre-wipe down |
He of course has his special stuffed animals. He will not tolerate any added to this mix, nor any taken away. If one slips in that he did not approve, he will get up and move it to it's proper place before he goes to sleep.
 |
| Animals that made the cut: (from left) Puppy from Aunt Bev, Green frog (he just arrived on Valentine's day and somehow must have rated high, Dinosaur (this was Ricky's when he was little), ducky duck & "Raffe" have been around for almost 3 years. |
 |
| Of course we had to test bounce the new bed |
He loves his bed and tells everyone he has a big new bed. It was quiet a bit taller than I expected and he has a hard time getting in and out of it, so for the time being I put his toy box at the foot of his bed and it helped solve that problem.
Best part? He slept Saturday, Sunday and Monday night through the night again! Ahhh, splendid!
 |
| Night! Night! |
No comments:
Post a Comment