Just like on Caleb's birthday, I wanted to go back and look at Laney from birth to her 5th birthday. I look back at these pictures of her and it seems so impossible that she can already be 5. I feel like I just became a Momma to her. She has been such a little joy to our lives.
You took your time coming into our lives, but once you arrived you filled a hole that we didn't even know existed. I have lots of memories of the hospital stay up till you arrived (33 hours!) and remember when you finally came into the world, I expected to cry. Perhaps it was exhaustion or lack of food, whatever it was, I laughed when you were born. I mean I laughed this big, joyful laugh. I have no idea where it came from, but that pretty much describes our life with you. You have brought us such fun, laughter and happiness!
![]() |
| We spent a lot of time just like this in those early days |
You are a complete mini-me of your Daddy. There is something very special watching the two of you together. He has had you wrapped around his heart since the beginning. He has been a wonderful Daddy to you and his love for you is immeasurable. You had the most adorable little side-winder crawl that was your trademark. You could really get around with that little leg!
That first year went by so fast as we were learning everything had a new time-table since having you. I remember your first birthday just like it was yesterday. We went all out and had a really fun party.
I loved spending my days with you. You were always right by my side and we did everything together. There are alot of memories I am sure I have forgotten, but I am so thankful for all the time we have had together.
When you were 22 months, we added a little brother to the family. I think you wanted to play with him for those first few weeks, but then you realized he was tiny and needed to be played with "easy". So, you became little Momma. You were such a help even though you weren't even 2. You would bring me diapers, shoes, pacis ...whatever I needed. The 3 of us spent those first few months rocking alot. You in the right arm and Caleb in the left.
![]() |
| 2nd birthday, little fashionable farmer |
![]() |
| You and Daddy going to feed cows on your 2nd birthday |
We moved into a new house just 3 weeks before you turned 4. Finally you slept! Of the things you have done well those first 4 years, sleeping was not it. To this day we don't know why you struggled to sleep, but those first 4 years it was not unusual for you to get up 7, 8 even 10 times a night. And getting you to go to bed was next to impossible. It had us really scratching our heads because during the day you were so obedient and eager to please. Whatever the cause was, you began sleeping through the night the very first night we were in the new house! We were so happy, and ready for this sleep!
When you turned 4 we had a "girls only party" at your request and invited all your little princess and queen friends over for a magical ball. It was a fun night and you loved it!
| And now you are five~ |
At five we know that you are a little caretaker. You are the one to always go and help out anyone in your classroom at school who needs a friend. You are a deep thinker and ponder on a lot of deep thoughts surprising for you age. You have the cutest dimple when you smile and it just lights up our world. You and Caleb are best of friends. You love Jesus and pray the sweetest most honest prayers. Daddy and I love to listen to you pray at night. You are a beautiful daughter and we have been so blessed with you! Hope you always know that we love you and will always be here for our little girl!









No comments:
Post a Comment