This evening the kids were playing on the front porch while I was vacuuming and mopping inside. When I had finished I went out to swing on the front porch.(YES, since winter appears to have left us early, the swing is back in its proper place!) The kids were running around & playing in the yard. Laney was picking flowers off a bush. Caleb went over and asked if he could have a flower and she gave it to him. I was just about to tell them it was time to come in and get a bath when he came up to the porch, handed me the small yellow flower and said, "put 'is' in your hair". I obediently did as he said and he nodded satisfactorily and walked away. But, in just a few seconds he returned. He had a smaller purple blossom and again instructed me to put it in my hair "on the odder side".
| My little prince |
Then he stood up really tall and put both hands out and said "will you dance wif me princess?"
Heart swell.
So, we danced. On the porch. With no music. And our neighbor was outside and probably thought we had lost it but I was not about to turn down that offer. I doubt that will ever happen again, but it was such a sweet little thing for him to do. And he was so pleased with himself. These things make everything worth it. Every hard day, every sleepless night, every exasperated moment. Because today, I am my little boy's princess.
On a side note, he may have watched one too many Disney princess movies, but regardless, it was worth it.
So sweet! I love how we are our little boys princesses! Brings a tear to my eye.
ReplyDelete