Today's thankful thought has been hard for me. I know what I want to say but am having trouble explaining it.
Focus. We have been deliberately focusing on finances in our home for awhile now. Working together towards a common goal (instead of working against each other) has given us momentum, motivation and best of all, results! Focusing on the end of this goal, has suddenly given us such a rush of excitement, and endurance. It has taken dedication and a lot of personal discipline to get this going in a good direction, but this process has been so worthwhile and the impact is far beyond what we expected. As with anything in our lives that we give over to God, we know we can trust for His provisions. And yet, we have been astounded by His blessings these last few months.
One thing that has been crucial for us is to choose what we will focus on. And an end goal has given us the ability not to get caught up in things of the "today, right now".
Because today, right now, I want a massage! I want a new pair of blue jeans! I want some spring clothes! I want a giant Pepsi! (ha, ha!) and I want to go on a 10 year awesometastical anniversary trip in a few months! My "i wants" have a way of really ruining and tripping up focus. Kinda like this:
| Exhibit A : REAL LIFE! Full of "I wants" and other daily stresses
Please don't judge me for my laundry pile! It is just impossible to stay caught up with it.
|
But, for us, right now, those "I wants" are just distractions. And knowing that if we keep our focus clear and make smart decisions now, we will be much better off for it in the long run.
| Exhibit B :) A future that is bright and peaceful |
But at this point in time, it is hard to see that at the end of the tunnel! Right now I have alot of distractions that try and keep my focus off of that end goal. Distractions, like laundry, hunger, stress, lack of sleep, lack of energy, and occasionally bouts of the "I want" fever are around every corner. But with focus I can say "I want to be a good steward of God's blessings, I want to be debt free, I want to be able to be a good example to my children in all areas of life, and finances is high on the list of things they need to learn early.
So today, I want to just take a moment and thank God for giving us the power to change, the motivation to continue and most of all the focus to stay committed to this in the first place.
He out-gives all my expectations!
Anyone else? What are you focusing on in your life right now? Any goals or plans that you are working on?
No comments:
Post a Comment