Monday, April 23, 2012

Step back in time...

A few weeks ago I posted about a day where I brought my wedding dress out to let Laney see it and we had some memories that I took some pics of and put up here. Well, when my Mom saw those, she asked me if I would let her come over one day and do the same thing with her wedding dress as well as my Memaw's (Laney's great - grandmother) wedding dress.

That sounded like a good chance for some keepsake photos. So, Friday, Mom came over with a bundle of bags.

Up first was Mom's dress. When I was a little girl I remember seeing her wedding dress a few times. But what I remember most was THE HAT. My Mom wore a hat on her wedding day and I loved that hat. I can remember as a little girl I would slip into her closet and slide it out of it's hiding place to try it on. I don't know what it is about the hat, but as soon as Laney saw it, she couldn't get it on quick enough, and it reminded me of my love for the hat...


Love Caleb's hand in the background...he was a pistol the day we did this!


Mom's dress reminds me of the 70's era. It is a light flowy gown with sheer sleeves and covered in bands of lace down the dress. (btw, I know I am not any kind of photographer at all, and certainly do not claim to be, I really wished for these pictures I had some mad camera skills and a fabulous lens to really get the details, but regardless, we enjoyed the day and got a few sweet shots.)

I love how she looks like she is playing dress up... 

Laney Kay and her Mimi


Laney loves my Mom (her Mimi) so much, as you can tell. I know she will treasure these pictures when she gets older. So glad we did this.

Stay tuned for Laney's dress up time in her great-grandmothers dress...

1 comment:

  1. I think you do have mad camera skills! the black and white photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete