Sunday, June 17, 2012

I've got the JOY JOY JOY

 Acts 2:28
 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.


Too often in day to day life I find myself scurrying around and "stressed out" and basically in a bad mood. Been there? Early this year I was considering how these emotions play out in my facial expressions and in my day to day interactions with others. It is easy for me to be full of joy when it is the good times..when things are going my way and when I've had the full quantity of sleep and my children are behaving as children on some 1940's show. ;) 


But what of the times that aren't like that? What happens when days are full, chaotic, stressful, when I am sleep deprived, sanity deprived, and have a bad day at home, at work? God really grabbed my heart about this behavior and made me know I was wrong in this. God has given me every reason to be FULL of JOY! His presence in my life gives me no excuse to spend my days wandering about, complaining and even having my appearance showing how un-ful of joy I was feeling. He has given me Life and that is all I need. 


Since then I have been making an intentional effort to try and convey that JOY in my daily life. I will say it is a challenge that I have to pick up each morning and some days I fail, miserably. But, I can say that while circumstances can still be tiring, children can be needy, my hands seem unable to meet all the needs that are out there, even in all that, just by me conscientiously checking my behavior, my days have been more joyful! With nothing changing in life, other than my outlook on it. 
Because of the Life HE gave me...I have the JOY JOY JOY down in my heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment