June 29, 2002 ~Was that really ten years ago? That was the day Ricky and I got married. A little back story first tho, not that you asked for it, but here it goes anyway. Ricky and I went to the same high school and lived about 3 miles from each other for most of our lives, and while we had a few times our paths crossed, we didn't know each other. He is 4 years older than me so I guess that added to us not really knowing much about the other one. After high school I moved to Memphis while I went to school. I moved back home to Camden after I finished college (ok, fine, yes it was beauty college) and after I had my little young heart broken (or so I thought).
 |
| Aww, young young love :) |
Ricky and I met in February of 2002 and had our first date somewhere around the third week of February. God knew that Ricky was the man I needed in my life and planted us in each other's paths where we had to meet.Well, I still don't know how it happened so fast, but by April we were engaged. We started planning an October wedding and every few days we would move it back a month. Finally, we lost all sense of reason and just decided we really wanted to just be married. So we moved the date up to June 29. That gave us 6 weeks to plan our wedding! Yikes! But it all came together. And whats more, while we didn't date or stay engaged long and our wedding was put together quickly, well it just works. After all, shortly after all the wedding stress is behind you, you quickly realize that the marriage that comes after is way more important than that one day. Being married to my best friend has been a tremendous blessing!
 |
| We look like children |
This man is so just what I needed. I can not imagine my life without him and he has taught me so much. He really is a good man and would (and has) give up everything for his family. He is the greatest Dad to our children and we have such a happy family. Together we have grown and changed so much over the last 10 years. There have been such fun & crazy times, and times that have been hard and sad, but I am thankful for all the times we have had because we weathered them all together. We have grown closer through every thing that has come our way. God has truly blessed us with a marriage that is uniquely our own.
 |
| Everyone has gotten so much older - Our flower girl is practically grown now and look how young Jake was... aww, he is so cute! |
10 years ago on our honeymoon we talked about how on our 10 year anniversary we would come back to the same place we honeymooned at. LOL, well 10 years came around really fast and with kids being so young, we just didn't have things together enough to be gone for that long. So, we planned an overnight get-a-way instead. In typical fashion, about 30 minutes before I was to drop the kids off at Mimi & Pop's house, Caleb, yep! You guessed it, threw up! He ended up being fine, but it delayed our plans because I had to rush him to the Dr. to make sure he was ok (which he was). Since we got a much later start than expected and that day was 109 burning up degrees, we really didn't have time for our plans, so we just dropped the kids off and started driving. We had no idea where to. We finally decided to run down to Memphis for the night and called up my cousin Katie to see if she and Jeremy could meet us for dinner. Wonder of wonders, on very late notice and with 3 small kids, they got a sitter and we enjoyed a great evening out with them.

The next day we enjoyed a late brunch, visited with my grandparents and did a little shopping for Ricky. It was a great weekend and we enjoyed just spending un-hurried time together. It has been a very happy 10 years and I am looking forward to what the next 10 hold!
 |
| It's been a Happy 10 years! |
love looking at the old pictures...and your new ones are really good of both of you...you look really great, bethany! happy 10 year anniversary :)
ReplyDelete