Monday, August 6, 2012

Oh get ready!

We spent the weekend getting school supplies, packing L's backpack, getting back-to-school haircuts and crafting a Pinteresting project that I hope to be able to use for many years to come. 


Haircut time

nothing like a handmade haircut on the front porch :)

little natural waves

Caleb needed it too

Will he ever have a face absent of bumps and bruises...me thinks not
 On pinterest I kept seeing these little chalkboards for the first day of school. Figuring I would regret it down the road if I don't start now, I made this last night and prayed it would set up enough over night. Instructions on the spray chalkboard paint set to let it set for 24 hours, but we only had 12 and a fan. So far it seems to be working.

Had this old frame in the attic collecting dust

I knew these lemonade containers would come in handy some day

Paint makes for an easy peasy transformation. Considered painting frame pink but went with gender friendly yellow so Caleb can use it beginning in a couple years

Ricky loves that our grass is now painted. We are festive like that.

I got a little nervous when it had these wavy lines, but it dried nice and smooth
Another post soon with her first day and this completed project...


No comments:

Post a Comment