Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas crafting cabinet clean out

Caleb had the flu and was down and out for a few days. During that time he continually kept asking to make a craft.
Pale little flu boy...still cute as a button

 Finally, the two of us set out to make a craft. This ended up being a good way to clean out my craft cabinet of things that really had no purpose.


Hard at work
 This next photo was Caleb's idea. He told me to take a picture with him and since it was just the two of us home that day, I propped the camera up and set the timer. I am glad I did. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing pretty about me in this photo...no make-up and dirty hair is not a good look for me haha. But, I love my little boy in this picture. I am his one true love these days and I can't get enough of that. This picture reminds me of how much he loves his Momma. And its real life. Complete with dirty laundry in the background and a dirty house. But I love that none of that matters to him. Let the house wait, my little boy wants to make crafts with me. I have much to be thankful for.

 He was thrilled to make his snowman.


And, thankfully, we had enough materials left over for Laney to make a little girl snowman to keep Caleb's little guy company. When she got home from school Caleb couldn't wait to show her his snowman. So we all set down again and Mrs. Snowman was built. Laney is so into glue and scissors these days. She loves to draw, color, glue and cut stuff up. She pretty well has taken over our dining room and turned it into her full time craft zone.

We are so blessed with such sweet, caring and beautiful children.

The chilly couple...

This year the kids have so loved making crafts. And, I let them pretty much take over our dining room with them. It looks like a kid zone in there, but they have been thrilled to get to make our "Christmas decor" for the room. I need to remember to let them do this more often. I hope they will remember these fun times together. After all they are only little once and some day I know I will miss these crazy additions to our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment