Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas songs Hargis style

If you know me very well, you know that I am really easily confused by lyrics in songs. Ricky has laughed at me more times than I can count when I have sung along to a song only to really butcher the words into lines that make no sense.

For example:
Once while we were riding down the road Ricky and I were listening to a song by Lonestar that I am sure you have heard called "On my front porch looking in". Well, I "knew" the song well, or so I thought. But as I was singing along Ricky all the sudden turned the radio down and said, "Sing that again"...so I proceeded to back up and sing the lyrics he requested. "Oh the view I love the most - Is my little chicken hen!"
Um, yes, I thought those were the actual words. And he had to tell me that it was "oh the view I love the most - Is my front porch lookin in!. . . OH! Yeah, that made more sense.

That same thing has happened I can't count how many times. I just sing what I think I hear even if it makes no sense at all.


Fast forward to this Christmas season. I am proud to say my daughter has inherited my height and my inability to comprehend musical lyrics :) We were driving to a thanksgiving get together jammin to some Christmas music and listening to Laney singing along in the back of the van when lo and behold... she did it.
Walking in a Winter Wonderland has never made me or the hubs laugh before, but I will never listen to that song without hearing it Laney style - "In the meadow we can build a snowman, and pretend that he is OPOSSUM BROWN, he'll say are you married, we'll say no man." and then she proceeds to say "Mom, who is Opossum Brown?" we died! So funny! And Ricky just rolls his eyes and says "well we know where she gets that from!"

And then a few days later she was singing Caleb's favorite Christmas song "Holly Jolly Christmas" while we were visiting with our Winkie and singing him Christmas carols. She is singing along "Ho Ho, the mistle toe- hung where you can see- somebody waits for you - WIZARD one for me!" instead of Kiss her once for me.

I kinda like it Laney style.
But then again, the view I love the most is "my little chicken hen!"
Like Mother Like Daughter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment