Thursday, December 27, 2012

Date night...

Please, please, please if you are a parent with young children beware! This post may make you take on a shade of green (envy) and you may be jealous of my life. So, please continue at your own risk...and remember I warned you.

A couple of months ago Nina (aka Ricky's Mom) came and kept the kids one week night so that he and I could go out alone. That night, after we returned home, we received some news...again, please parents, continue reading if you think you can handle it and not hate us...

Nina said to me and the hubs, "this needs to be a weekly thing. Count on me to do this every week from now on."

Kids and our Nina
I think somewhere in between those words we both went into a state of shock. WEEKLY DATE NIGHT? WHAAATTT?? I mean, for the last 5 years we haven't even had monthly date night.

And she was serious. So for the last several months we have been having a date night once a week. Sometimes we actually go out on a date, other times we do things that are super romantic like put new tires on my van, work on tractors or workout.

I will be in mucho trouble if he sees this. lol....but I don't think he reads my blog HAH!
I can not say THANKYOU enough to our Nina for this fantastic gift. Not only did she raise an amazing son, who we are lucky enough to have (I really wanted to say: lucky enough to call my baby Daddy right there) but she is also allowing us a few hours each week to just spend time together, just the two of us, and takes care of feeding the kids dinner AND giving them baths. It is like my Birthday every week!

I really like this picture

The kids too look forward to this weekly visit so much. They love Nina Night and can't wait until its time for her to come each week.
 

Nina, thank you so so so so so so so much! Well, thanks from me and your son. Because probably alot of other people reading this post really don't like either of us so much right now. haha. Please people, do not try and kidnap our Nina for your own babysitting needs. We would hunt you down...like seriously!

A few weeks ago we had a really fun date night. We went to some friends house for a concert by singer/songwriter/musician Ernie Halter. Ernie recently moved to Nashville and since he has a few months where he isn't performing concerts he let fans book home concerts. The French's were able to get him booked for one here in Camden. It was a really fun time spent talking with friends, eating and listening to a really good singer perform song after song for us.

Ernie Halter -

The hosts and Ernie - ahh that baby is precious!

It was an awesome date night (second only to changing out tires on my van) just kidding!

Thanks again to Nina for giving us the opportunity to do things like this.
I will stop now, and please people, don't be haters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment