Warning: Picture overload on this post. But, since I blog for the end goal of printing a yearly album, I really couldn't leave some of these out.
 |
| Finally found a place to get a picture of atleast half of the group at once |
We had a hilarious time at the Floyd Thanksgiving this year. Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Loren always host Thanksgiving and they did that again this year as well. Everyone added dishes for a delicious meal that anyone would love. Uncle Loren and Uncle James each bring a turkey every year and they are always so GOOD! This year was no different!
 |
| All the kids piled onto the bed to watch cartoons |
 |
| 2 Cuties |
 |
| Love this picture of Caleb and his (great) Grandmomma |
After dinner the real fun began. Ricky's little cousin, Toni, created this really creepy costume back at Halloween and so after dinner she snuck out to put it on and give all the little kids the scare of a lifetime!
 |
| Thanksgiving Tricks! |
Ricky and I each made sure that we had the kids near us so that they
wouldn't have far to run when they got scared. Ricky took Laney and I
took Caleb. It was so funny. When she or should I say "it" came through
the door Caleb was finishing his last bight of a brownie pudding
dessert. He started crying but, kept his composure until he finished his last bight, then
proceeded to begin screaming.
 |
| Looking at the "Creature" |
 |
| whining & scared but gonna finish this yummy stuff |
 |
| Dessert is gone, now the screaming sets in! (kinda how I feel when the chocolate is gone) |
Both kids as well as little Ben pretty well lost it. Andrew, however was
in awe. He thought the goblin was too cool and couldn't wait to get his
picture made with her, which just made Laney even more afraid that he
would get gobbled up by the monster. But, once Toni took her mask and
headpiece off they calmed down a bit and Laney even smiled....until she
put it back on.
 |
| Yes, that is alot of tears on his shoulders...sweet how she is starting to crack a smile thru the crying |
I can not blame them, the pictures don't even show how creepy this
costume is. Toni decided to make this costume on her on and I would say
she successfully has scared alot of people with it. When she is down
walking on all 4's she is tall enough, but when she stands up straight
she is probably 8 foot tall. And she has taught herself to run and even
climb stairs in this get-up. Pretty neat!
 |
| watch out Amy Laine! |
 |
| Poor babies, yes I know, as this is being read we are getting the "bad parents" accusations, and I can't say I blame you! |
 |
| Nina and the creature |
 |
| Making friends with the monster |
All the adults got some great laughs at the expense of the scared kids, but they seem none the worse for it. And now they laugh about it!
And in the words of Uncle Loren : It ain't Thanksgiving til the kiddies cry!
No comments:
Post a Comment