I had hoped to get everything caught up on my posts before the end of 2012, so that when I print my blog book it would all be dated in 2012. Maybe I'll cheat and edit those dates ;) Anyway, here we are 2 days into 2013 (!!!!???!!!!) and I am already falling behind in every area of the new year.
Our little Caleb has pneumonia. Again. Sadness. This is our little man's 4th time to have pneumonia. It has been close to 16 months since he last had it and we were so hopeful that it was all behind him. So, it looks like we will be scheduling him with his pediatric pulmonologist again...or we may possibly be looking to make a change and try a new one.
Regardless, I have some down time today with him laying on one side and laptop on my other side (How fortunate I am that my lap is wide enough to hold both....nice positive thinking at work here :)
So, to cheer us all up, here is a look back at our Christmas at Home this year as well as our events on Christmas day... This will be a long post, trying to get everything for the rest of the year into this post.
Christmas Eve was LAZY! It was great. We finally had all our traveling behind us and could relax. I laid down on our couch that morning and literally did nothing for 2 hours (did not even watch TV or anything). I really was a zombie. The kids had so many new toys and gadgets to play with that they kept themselves entertained. I finally got recharged and by then Daddy and Caleb were putting together Caleb's John Deere tractor Leggo set...
 |
| Leggo time |
 |
| Love his puzzled face...exactly how Daddy was feeling at the time |
And so me and Laney worked in the kitchen making cookies for Santa for that night. We aproned up and made a mess in the kitchen...
 |
| Christmas Cookies |
 |
| Poser |
The kids (who also were pretty tired from all the traveling) took a long nap that afternoon. This was great because there were presents that needed wrapping and so I locked myself into my room and got that done. That evening we watched The Grinch, set out Santa's cookies and milk as well as salt and water for the reindeer. We said the Long Goodbye to Cocoa Buffy and called it a night (well the kids did). Mom and Dad had a little late night fun putting together a spectacular scene for the next morning. The kids were thrilled when they woke up on Christmas morning (at 8:15!! couldn't believe they slept that late).
 |
| Christmas Cuties |
And now for a little reality. I was in such a terrible mood Christmas morning. Awful isn't it? The medicine I have been on since October for migraines has made life much less painful, however, the side effects mean that alot of mornings I am extremely sleepy and groggy. I have always been a morning person up until taking the medicine and now I understand how people feel who are not. They have my sympathy for sure. The kids did not notice my lack of enthusiasm however, thank goodness,
and had every bit of fun that kids should have Christmas morning.
 |
| Santa brought the "Bat Jail" he wanted |
 |
| Laney with her new horse stable |
 |
| Santa also brought Caleb Hungry Hungry Hippos...he has begged for this game |
 |
| Caleb recruited players to play his new game |
Our house was a disaster zone by the time they finished and I did not have the energy to even so much as care. (Another thing this medicine does is make me alot more laid back about things that I typically am up-tight about). We all played with toys and attempted to make animal balloons. Santa had brought Laney this balloon set that she had been begging for. We now know that neither Momma nor Daddy would have made very good clowns. We absolutely can not make anything from a balloon that resembles anything. lol!
 |
| Christmas toes |
So that is our Christmas at home. The fun in planning the kids Christmas is the best! And watching them on Christmas morning with their crazy bed-head and bright excited eyes can make even a groggy-medicated Momma smile :)
Once we all got done at our house we got dressed and headed around the corner to Grandmomma and Grandaddy's Christmas. We were later than normal getting there and we were all starving. Not to worry, Christmas breakfast was waiting and it was so good! We all immediately filled our plates and I tried my best to smile and appear like I was not drugged up (HA!) Thankfully
my brother-in-law (who shares in my addiction to Dr. Pepper) responded to my SOS plea for caffeine and showed up with a 2
liter in hand for me! Two cups later and I was perked up and ready to
celebrate for the rest of the day! Amazing what caffeine can do.
Although I def need to look into making changes to this routine soon
because this is not a good way to start every day.
 |
| Uncle James and Elijah James |
 |
| All the big kids got techy toys |
 |
| Ashley and Toni |
 |
| Grandmomma Kay |
 |
| WHEN CAN WE OPEN PRESENTS??? haha |
 |
| Grandaddy got a really cool shirt ;) |
Everyone visited throughout the afternoon and then the kids opened their gifts. Laney got the cutest book that was made by Aunt Sherrie just for her. It was one of those Create-A-Books and was all about Laney, the Princess Ballerina, and her friends. She loves this book and wants to read it every day! She also got an art set from Aunt Sherrie and family and a La-La-Loopsy doll and blanket from Grandmomma. The doll and blanket have become part of her body. Lol. She does not come downstairs without it and drags it along everywhere we go.Caleb got a big spiderman play set, a spider man sticker book, a spiderman with a 4-wheeler and a stuffed spider man pillow with a blanket (yes, he loves spiderman!).
This year we had a new (what looks to be tradition) of playing Dirty Santa with the adults. This was alot of fun. I am still very upset with Aunt Jan for taking my scent warmer tho :( I really wanted that thing! There is always next year :) I'm already thinking about what gifts to buy for next year for this!
That afternoon the food came out again and it was yummy. I made a buffalo chicken dip to bring this year and it was a big hit with the guys. I love finding recipes that everyone likes, especially when they take 5 minutes to make!!
Well, that is our Christmas celebrations all wrapped up. This year our tree and decorations actually stayed up until the 27th. Typically by noon on Dec. 26 everything is down, but this year we enjoyed the day after Christmas with all our decor up. I Hope your Christmas was as merry (chaotic and exhausting) as ours! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment