No, I am not quitting blogging :)
This is the end of the 2012 posts (even if it is technically 2013).
I have really enjoyed the last year of blogging. I never thought I would write as much as I have, but find it is something I really do enjoy and it is an outlet for me that I use to relax and relive our family activities through.
This next year I have a few post ideas I want to write that will vary slightly from what I have been writing about this year, but more or less you can expect the same from me here...more random bits and pieces of our lives. Looking forward to whatever the new year brings....but please, no more pneumonia for our little guy. Thanks to my friend, Jennifer, for coming out and taking these photos for us. Maybe someday I will actually get around to printing photos but for now atleast, I wanted to include these so that they will be a part of the 2012 blog book.
2012
How blessed we have been this year. There have been expected changes and other changes that have completely floored us (more on that next year). God has completely overwhelmed us with his goodness and mercy and has blessed our family beyond our wildest dreams.
I can not begin to ever thank Him enough for all the ways he has provided for me---But here are a few that are near the top of the list.
RICKY
A man, who knows me inside out, my faults, my hopes, my insecurities and who has the heart of a GOOD MAN! He laughs with me over the dumbest things (usually something I have done), he is a true man of God that lives it in his daily actions. He and I found each other when neither of us expected it. The last 10 years of being his wife have taught me so much. I love this man and the family God has made for us.
MY CHILDREN
He has entrusted us with these two children that call me Momma...I once said I wanted 100 children when I grew up. And that I would drive one bus and that my husband would drive another bus. 2 children is not 100. God knew that when he gave us these 2 babies that our lives would be filled up with so much love for them that even 2 buses wouldn't be able to contain it. I Love being Laney Kay and Caleb's Momma. What a gift they are, I literally could not ask for more.
OUR HOME
Our home has been such a blessing. While I know it is material and most likely we will one day live somewhere else, today it is home. And it already in 2 years is filled with memories and sentiments. It is a happy home filled with a happy family...I love the quote "The thing I love most about our home are the people I share it with" or something like that. This could not be more true.
A DAUGHTER
Our daughter, Laney Kay, has such a unique personality, much like her Daddy. She always wants to please those around her and is a friend to everyone she meets. I love having a daughter. While I know she is and always will be Daddy's little girl, she and I are the girls of the family and we stick together.
I love how quirky and weird she can be...that is a side she gets from me. I am so proud to be her Momma and love watching her as she changes, grows and laughs at everything! She is a beautiful, tall girl but more importantly has a beautiful heart. She is kind, loving and HAPPY. I love to lay in her bed at night and hear her tell me what her favorite part of her day was, listen to her pray and kiss her goodnight. She is such a bright and sunny part of my life!
![]() |
| We act crazy whenever we can...atleast we laugh at ourselves |
Our son, Caleb, well he is a real heart breaker. He is as cute of a little boy as you ever saw. He will no doubt be the class clown as he is always making everyone around him laugh. CUTE, SWEET, FUNNY!
And he loves his Momma. I hung the moon as far as he is concerned and he kisses and loves and hugs me to prove it. He wants to be cuddled up in my lap getting "scratched". And when he isn't sleeping or getting scratched he never stops moving. A man on a mission at all times. I love having a son. When he lays in my lap and runs his fingers through my hair you can tell he thinks I am the love of his life. I know one day that will change, but for now, nobody beats Momma :)
Friends, Family and Food
Ok, well, I needed a third word that started with F and food, well, clearly I have a great affection for food. But seriously.
Family...We have been blessed with such big families. They are widespread and bring us such joy...and then there are the friends that have become like family. For all of those people we call family or friends or both. We are thankful for you and the part in our lives that you fill.
MY JOB
Since I never had dreams as a child of having a career and consider my job to be a wife and momma, I rarely talk about my job here. But I am so thankful for my job and realize I should thank God for it more often. I never set out to be in advertising sales for a newspaper. But, that is where I was planted. And I have been blessed with a job that allows me to interact with the people of our community, yet gives me the flexibility to work part time. I know God has blessed me with this job that gives me the ability to work from home or from my office or from my van :) I have made friendships through and at my work that I would not have otherwise made. This job has really been an unexpected blessing for our family. I could not have ever imagined a job that fit me and my life much better.
Well, those are the top things on my mind today....So that is the end of our 2012 posts....
May God pour out his richest blessings on each of you in the new year!











No comments:
Post a Comment