Tuesday, May 28, 2013

So we are a couple, huh?

A little way behind on telling the story of how Ricky and I came to be. But picking up where we left off back a few months ago. Ricky started showing up at my parents house every day to see me. I wouldn't even be expecting him, but every day when he got off work (Conveniently right around dinner time), I would hear his truck pulling up. At first I still wasn't sure and kept him at arms length. Literally!

But before long (and i mean like maybe 2 weeks), I had a new friend in him. We had so much fun together. We really only ever went on two real dates before we got married. The first was our first date and the second was to Jackson just before we got engaged.

My mom said she knew I was going to marry him before I did. One morning I was sleeping when I got a call from Ricky. He was working at the Co-Op. He told me he had just bought some fish that he was going to stock a pond with and would I come and get the fish before they got too hot and get them to the pond. Um, heh? Bare in mind I was a girl fresh back from the city. But, I rolled with it. I donned my overalls Ricky had bought me and got ready to go. When I told my mom where I was going she said that was it. She knew then that we were meant to be.

I drove Ricky's "Ol Green" and picked the fish up from him. He told me how to find the pond that I was to deliver the big bag of fish to. Somehow I was able to find the right pasture which was full of COWS. I called Ricky and told him there were cows in the pasture and I didn't know how to get to the pond around the cows. He instructed me just to drive down to the pond and assured me that the cows would not bother me. He was right, although I was pretty nervous. I got the job done and the fish into their new home before they got too hot.  And that was my first (of many) lessons about country farm life.

The pond...

In no time at all Ricky and I were inseperable. We spent all our time together either on the farm, hanging out with my family. I knew pretty quickly that he loved me, but I wasn't ready just yet to voice that to him. Poor guy, I just was staying on guard a bit.

I can't remember when, but I remember I had a bad day one day and he sent me these flowers to the beauty shop I worked at. Made my heart just jump in my chest when they delivered them and I read his encouraging message.

I know our first date was around mid to late February. By mid to late March we were always together and falling pretty fast! How quickly time flies. Seems like this photo below was made yesterday. I can remember standing there and the sun being in our eyes and thinking how much I was enjoying this guys country life. I can't explain how we fit together but the two of us just work. 

One thing we do is laugh. I think it is one of the most important parts of our relationship. We talk about everything and anything and share with each other every thing about our lives. And we laugh alot! These last few months this man has seen me at my worst and yet loves me and cares for me and still makes me laugh~ 

Long days working on the farm mean lots of times my "date" showed up smelling alot like a cow!
It grows on you tho :) Now I love the smell of the farm!
Stay tuned.... more to come on our little love story ...

No comments:

Post a Comment