Continuing on....
Ricky and I were dating. I knew he loved me, and he told me as much. I knew I liked him alot and was really at ease and comfortable with him. But, somehow I just couldn't bring myself to say it was love. And, I refused to tell him that until I knew for sure. So, when he told me he loved me, I would say "Thank you". And I really meant it. I just couldn't say it back. But he didn't seem to mind and I think he knew I just needed some time. Ever patient, he waited on me.
One afternoon (I think it was either a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday after church) there was a big crowd at my parents house for lunch like normal. We were all visiting and talking and catching up since my sister was there and one of her friends and my cousin, Katie was in too. So there was alot of commotion going on. For some reason Ricky had gone into the living room where no one was and was setting in there ( I think maybe he was talking on the phone). I came through and saw him setting there and BAM it happened! I still remember exactly how he looked - he was wearing some faded carharrt work overalls and a white t-shirt.
In that one instant I knew I LOVED HIM!
I know it may not be that way for everyone. Some people have love at first sight, others it comes on over time. For me, it took knowing him for a few weeks and letting my guard down slowly. Then all at once, in a split second, I fell head over heels. And have been there ever since!
I was rummaging through albums a few months back and came across this photo below. I was excited to find it. This was taken the day I fell in love with my wonderful husband and best friend.
Time flies and the people in this picture have all gotten older. But I love looking at that couple at the end of the table and remembering how we felt back then and loving how far we have come and grown closer together since..
Ok, I know, its our love story, it has to be a little cheesy to others reading it. Sorry, but it sure is enjoyable to go back and think through it all.
On a side note...woah, that was some serious hair I was sporting, no? LOL! Def back in the beautician days for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment