Thursday, August 22, 2013

Skipping Rocks


Ricky got his four-wheeler out to do some work on it one night this week and the kids begged and begged to wash it....of course we did not argue with them! Ha Ha!
We took another little hike this week. We are enjoying doing this in the evenings here lately. This week we took out from our house and went exploring. I didn't realize some of the things we have just right around our property. We explored an old cemetery, and I mean old. There was a grave of someone who was born in 1827.

Caleb hunting for good skipping rocks
 Then we hiked down through the woods to a big creek (I had no idea it was so close to us!) and we all practiced skipping rocks. Ricky is really good, me...well, I can do it and Laney and Caleb can throw rocks in the water and make them splash :)

Practicing 


Skipping rocks
Of course we couldn't be that near a body of water and come home with dry kids. They just had to get to a small water fall and to do so trekked right thru the water to do so. Ricky and I weren't too crazy about getting our shoes wet and having to hike back home in them so we chose an alternate route.


And no, neither of us fell in :)
Enjoying our outdoor adventures this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment