Aunt April got Caleb his first Pete the Cat book for Christmas one year. Since then our collection has grown to include all the Pete the Cat books, although the Four Groovy Buttons book from Aunt April remains as our household favorite. We got really excited {insert here, I got really excited} when I heard our local library was going to have Pete the Cat in the flesh {err make that fur} make an appearance and it was open to the public.
 |
| My buttons, my buttons, my four groovy buttons!~ |
I didn't tell the kids, but instead surprised them with this after-school trip one day. They got all excited when I told them who we were going to see. We even had some friends who met us at the library to meet Pete with us.
 |
| Dawson enjoyed watching Pete from a distance |
When Pete walked into the room, of course my kids were ... terrified. HA! And I knew them well enough to know that they probably would be.
I don't know what it is about things dressed up but they are scared of costumes, unless they are in them. Even Chuck E. Cheese is enough to send them into hiding. And yet still, they beg to go!
 |
| We loved his red shoes! We loved his red shoes! |
Well, lets leave that rabbit alone and quit chasing it and get back to the cat we started trying to catch.
Anyway, long story short, after Pete spent some time with them and a few books were read about him by the children's librarian {one of my friends who is doing a fantastic job in her new role!}
 |
| Our children's librarian and Pete |
Laney finally got her nervousness under control, ventured up and even hugged Pete.
 |
| The two people photo-bombing this shot make it my favorite! :) |
Caleb really enjoyed the reading but was happy to stay a comfortable few feet away from Pete.
 |
| "Best Buddies" |
Maybe he is like his Momma, as I have never really been a cat person myself ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment