Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Haley Kay

This is our newest member of the family...
Get excited people~!
No, not the long legged girl, the little one she is holding
Laney has never been much for dolls but we were at Walmart and she spotted this doll and oh my! She seriously fell in love. Before she would occasionally play with dolls, but whatever it is about this little green eyed baby doll, really caught Laney's attention.

What's that? You like the chair in the background? Yeah, thats my FIVE DOLLAR yard sale find that I am oh so happy with! Yes, thats right, I said five dolla yo! :)
Back to the story....We brought the little girl home and Laney announced she would be Haley Kay "she is named after me since I am her Momma," she told us. And Laney has turned into a devoted mother. She bathes her, sleeps with her, tends to her every need.

Dinner with our new "grand-daughter" LOL
The first day after we got her, Laney was getting ready for school and asked me who would care for Haley when she was at school. I told her I would take care of her and would even take her to work with me. And I did. She stayed in my office with me and even went to lunch with my friends and I :)

My friends are good sports and helped me prove what good care we take of Haley at work :)
I even took pictures that day so that I could show Laney how good I had cared for her  (try explaining why you are having your picture made with a plastic baby to the people setting around you at a restaurant staring at the crazy lady). What we do for our kids!

Laney gave me specific instructions on how to care for Haley, "Make sure she keeps her hat on, because she doesn't have much hair yet and I don't want her getting cold."
Me and Haley working away at the office
And, "call Mrs. Beth (one of my friends with newborn twins) and see what time her babies eat so you know when to give Haley her bottle". One of my friends, Beth, recently had twins. When we get together Laney is all about holding those babies and so maybe this is part of why she has taken to her new doll.
Laney loving on Annie, I think. Its hard to tell with identical twins :)
She also has a little play pen for her doll. She said when Haley gets a little older she will think about letting Haley sleep in her play pen but for now she is so little she needs to sleep with Laney. And Laney also informed me that once Haley is big enough she would let her come to mine and Ricky's room and spend the night with us if we would be sure to keep her warm!

On Thursdays, Haley goes to Mimi's house with Caleb and together Mimi, Poppa and Caleb tend to the little green eyed gal.

I really like watching this nurturing side of my little girl. I will say that I forgot how much there is to keeping up with a little baby tho :)

No comments:

Post a Comment