At work a few weeks ago I was cleaning my office up a bit and came across this large sample of a banner from a printing company. I was headed to the trash with it, since it has been hanging around gathering dust for several years now, when I noticed the back of it was white. I thought that would be something the kids would enjoy making into a masterpiece of some sort so I decided to take it home.
That same day I was at Walmart grabbing a few things and thought I would get the kids some new markers. I decided to go with the washable ones.
That evening when I gave them their new banner and markers they took right off coloring it all up and creating a whole scene. Then, wonder of wonders we figured out that the washable markers would wash right off when they wanted to erase and start over.
So, that has been a CHEAP CHEAP thing that they are getting lots of fun out of. As much as Laney likes to create and draw, it is giving her a place to put all that creative energy. So far we have done a beach scene, a fall scene, a rainbow/unicorn/candyland scene and some other random things.
I was so pleased with how much fun they are getting from this simple little thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment