Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Why I blog

So my blog. I have been asked by several people why I blog. Clearly it isn't to make money and really it isn't so people will read it. I really wouldn't care if I were the only one who read it.

Well, I kind of had to think about that question. First, I started blogging as a way of journaling memories we are making as well as having a place to put photos with events. But the more I blog, the more I realize that it is something I really just enjoy. It combines several things that I all in one place (i.e. spending time with my family, writing, taking pictures, capturing memories, etc..).

I really enjoy writing. I realize what I do here is no great journalistic feat, but there is something very relaxing to me about putting words together to form the posts on this blog. I really have always enjoyed writing and this blog gives me a place to regularly do it. I don't stress over it and worry that it sounds poorly written or anything, I just do it because I enjoy it. It seems like the words just kind of flow out and before I realize it I have written a post. I know some people don't enjoy writing and it is a struggle to do posts. Well,  I would say if I didn't enjoy it, I just wouldn't do it. It does take a pretty good time commitment. But, since I am not one who can set well without getting antsy, this is what I do when I set down.

The thing I am most excited about at the moment about this blog is the blog books (above) I am having printed. I have two large, hardbacks already printed and the 2013 book will be on its way to press soon! I hope these books will be treasured by our kids one day as they grow up and have these stories of our lives documented year after year.

Anyway, that is why I blog...I like it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment