Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Random catch up


So, it is time to catch up here. I have gotten lots of posts to come soon. I have them all written and ready but haven't taken the time to get the photos put with the posts. So...time to stop procrastinating and get things rolling. Somehow anytime a month rolls around it makes me think I better get everything caught up. Now that we are into March, I have been doing the monthly panic and am trying to get everything ready for a fresh month.

In February, we....
Made a trip to KY with Uncle Adam to get a new truck! While we were waiting on him me and the kids strolled around and "window shopped" ourselves. Van is getting on up in miles so we know in the next year or so we will be looking to replace her. Having a hard time with that tho!

Caleb really wanted me to just buy this explorer. Mainly because he saw the brochure for it and he said "It can drive through really tall snow". Good reasoning.
Cute little photo props at the lunch place we ate that day.

We saw very little of Daddy during February as he was at work, and at work, and at work. Thankful for work and a husband who isn't afraid of it! When we did get him home we went out for a few trail rides ...look at the beautiful day we enjoyed one late Saturday afternoon! These outdoor days mean lots of activity and tired little kiddles.




(I know this is an odd shot of my leg, sorry!) But I am so proud of my patch job on my favorite work jeans. These are old and faded and literally bare thin! They had this big gaping hole in them but I remembered something one of my friends did, that I also saw on Pinterest and so I put it to the test and saved my favorite jeans from the trash. They will live to see more yardwork, painting and mud :)

Aunt Jan had a "pretend its summer" party this month. Everyone is so sick of winter and has such winter blues. What a fantastic idea to have a break from winter and have grilled out burgers and lemonade complete with umbrellas in our glasses. And who would go to that kind of party dressed normally? Apparantly everyone except me...and my kids. :) Sorry, no pictures of me here, but it was mucho mucho fun! Shorty shorts,  tank top and a full set of long johns underneath. Yes, I think it was awesome!

Caleb looks like a pirate. Arggghhhh shiver me timbers pretend its summer.

On a last random note...look how Laney K's hair is getting. She is a happy girl! She has been trying her whole life for long hair :) And its finally paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment