Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jake and Ashby

They are ENGAGED...


Him:
I was 11 years old when my parents brought home my third little brother. I was old enough to remember nearly everything about him being a baby, toddler, kid, boy, teenager and on. The times when he was little I was always doting on him, babying him, pretending he was my own baby. I rocked him, fed hid him and yes, zipped his chin up in his jacket. Now I look at this baby brother of mine and see a young man and someone who makes me smile with pride. He has made such good decisions in life and it is a great joy to watch God working in his life and leading his steps. In the last two years he has completed his technical school training, was offered two excellent jobs and now works with my husband at the job he chose. He is respected in his workplace because of his work ethic and skill and liked among his peers for his outgoing, fun personality. He lives on his own now, in his own place he bought. And now...he is getting married. This little baby boy has grown up into this wonderful man and I couldn't be happier to call him my brother. I love you!

Her:
He starting bringing Ashby around over 3 years ago. In that time I have gotten to know her and see what kind of person she is. Country, real, authentic as they get. This Annie Oakley girl is such a good fit for our family. She is feminine but not high maintenance. Beautiful outside and deeply gorgeous inside! A sweet Christian lady with quiet class. She is not an attention seeker, an individual girl with unique qualities, content to be herself. My kids too have fallen in love with Uncle Jake's girl, and they love when she comes over and takes them on adventures. I couldn't be more excited about this addition to our family and am so glad God blessed Jake with someone who fits him so completely. I love you Smashby!


Ok, i shall stop with the sappyness :) but I had to for such a special occasion. So looking forward to wedding showers, planning and the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment