 |
Happy Easter from us!
What a beautiful weekend God blessed us with for Easter! Ricky was off work on Good Friday and there was no school so we got to spend extra time together and got alot accomplished. |
Easter started for us on Thursday when my sister and her family came in town. We had a big "shindig" at Mom and Dads. Of course that meant delicious food, egg hunts and
 |
| This would have been all of the adults of the family... instead its all the adults and my Dads ear lol |
 |
| For your amusement! LOL |
 |
| Excited cousins ready for the Easter Bunny |
We ate...we egg hid/hunted and we did some wedding plans talking with the newly engaged couple!!
WHAT?!? Yeah, more on that later. It deserves its own post....and its own pictures :)
Back to my Easter novel...Reed Thomas and Caleb had the best time playing and all the dogs of the family did as well. We've added two new dogs to the bunch. Meet Baxter, who is Reed's puppy and Sir King Pig (Pig for short) who belongs to Uncle Ben
 |
| (from left) Pig, April and Baxter. "Oh the PUPPIES...the Puppies are here!" |
 |
| Uncle Ben played the part of the bunny and hid the eggs this year |
 |
| Along with the help of the Easter Pig lol |
 |
| Who just wanted to help Caleb hunt his eggs |
 |
| And kept stealing his bucket and eggs |
 |
| Reed Thomas hunting |
 |
| Mimi in heaven with all her family home |
 |
| We also threw in a little birthday celebration for this gypsy girl I call my sister :) Love ewe |
Onto Good Friday...
Good Friday we spent working on our rental property just doing some maintenance things that needed to be done. I got to spruce up the landscaping out there so that meant I got to dig in the dirt, which just makes me so happy!
Later that same day Ricky grilled us pork chops while me and Caleb and Laney worked on creating a new flower bed or "Bird Garden" as Caleb named it at our house. He has been after me to get a bird feeder for the other birds that "are not hummingbirds" cause he felt bad that we only feed the hummingbirds. So, I got this pretty little blue feeder. Now he wants a birdhouse lol. It never ends! Anyway, I spent nearly the whole day trimming hedges, cleaning out flower beds, potting new flowers and just loving every minute of it. I need to be a gardener. There is something so calming and fun that happens when I am working in my flowers.
Saturday we spent the day at LBL riding trails, picnicking, geo cacheing and playing in the water. It was muddy good fun.
 |
Laney finding a Geo Cache with Dad
And then Ricky made a very poor decision to eat somewhere (which I shall not write where cause I am not trying to be hateful to the business). It was awful. Lets just say between the lady next to us who was working on coughing up her lung and the hair that I ingested (that was not my own)....well...lets just stop there. You get the picture. We shall not be eating there again if I have any say. Gross.
|
Sunday was just a beautiful day and was not cold like our Easter's have been lately. I woke up to this site that morning~
 |
| This picture~~ |
We all wore Navy and White (#1 because I love those colors, and #2 because we only had to buy Caleb an outfit and me a dress. Everything else we had; and #3 we plan to maybe use these same clothes on the beach later this year for family pics). Church was very full and Bro. Terry preached a wonderful sermon. I really enjoyed just sitting with my family all around me and thinking how God has brought me through the last year. Talk about a faithful, risen Savior! Just on our pew, I could look at each one of us setting there and just think of how God has really blessed each one individually so much in the last year.
After service the church had a big potluck lunch that was woah so good...made up for the meal the night before...well almost! And after the meal was done the kids had an Easter Egg hunt there.
We went home and the kids took a quick nap before recharging for our last egg hunt. We headed to the Floyds and spent the evening enjoying the nice weather on the porch visiting with all the family. Our nephews were there too and that made the kids oh so happy to get to see them. Another big round of delicious food and... I am sure I will be mistaken for a whale by the time we hit the beach in a few weeks lol!
After the kids hunted their third egg hunt there, me and Laney K took off for an evening run. What a nice end to a busy weekend. Laney is quiet a good runner and she sure looks the part.
Atleast we got to burn off a little of the massive amount of calories we took on over the weekend :) And spending some girl time together is always welcome too.
So there you have it...our Easter weekend novel. LOL~ Some times I just get carried away!
No comments:
Post a Comment