This is an honest post about real life. But not real, serious life. Just life as it happens.
A few weeks ago we sent our offspring upstairs for a little while so that we could pack some things up for an outing we were about to go on. I remember all at once being very aware that it had been a long time since I heard from either of the kids. And not in a good way. Not in a "finally a little peace and quite" way. More like "how long has it been? What in the world could they be up to?"
But being a Mom, I didn't want to disturb them if they were being good and just playing and being quiet. So, instead of screaming up the stairs like a banshee lovingly calling out to them in sweet motherly tones, I began to creep quietly up the stairs to see what they had found to keep them busy. On about stair 5 I noticed a small white circle on the stairs and reached to pick it up mindlessly not paying attention to it. Then I looked up to see several more of these mysterious little white bean type pods along the ascending stairs.
"Ricky"...I tentatively called out in more of a question than a plea. I think I somehow knew back up was going to be needed. It still wasn't fully clicking as to what these little pods where but I knew enough to know that it couldn't be good. I went on to the top of the stairs and froze...little pods covered the landing.
"RICKYYYYY"
I turned the corner and was greeted with this scene -
This is what happened when the kids discovered a small tiny hole in one of their bean bag chairs. When I say small, we are talking like the size of a quarter! How then did all these beans end up....everywhere?!
That was exactly my question. Eldest offspring responded that they were "trying to get them put back in the hole but they just kept coming out"
Youngest offspring then proceeded to show me why they kept coming out. He proceeded to jump on the bag which resulted in a five foot shower of more pods. End result? They were everywhere. And the fan was on in that room which just made matters worse.
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and documented the carnage. Much to Laney's dis approval. She knew they were in hot water and didn't want proof of it around. By the time Daddy made it up, crocodile tears were in full force. He commanded that they would clean it all up (mind you we had an hour before we had to leave). I instead helped them get it clean which was no easy task. Then I had Ricky come and take both bean bags out to the truck, so that we could drop them off at the dump as we left. They really miss those chairs.
I wish I had my real camera for these pictures. But the cell phone was all I had close by.
During this whole process Ricky and I were fighting so hard to be stern and not laugh. We managed to hold it together but the whole thing was hilarious. Weeks later and I still find random bean pods in blankets, file folders, toys etc.
The remorse the kids felt over it all I think is more than evident...
Have a great week!
Love it!!! This is too funny.
ReplyDelete