While it appears that 885 may stay with us a bit longer (ugh, pretty sure the people under contract to buy have backed out) we are aware our time here is drawing to an end. This house has provided us a wonderful home for the last 4 years and we have so enjoyed our time spent within the walls of our quaint farmhouse.
I wanted to post here the before and afters of this house. I really want to have those pictures in my next blog book, so here it goes.
~ BEFORE ~
~ AFTER ~
~ Kitchen Before & After ~
~ Den Before & After ~
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| During |
| After (the paint is not as bright as it shows up in picture) |
~ Dining Room Before & After ~
![]() |
| Cute little contractor |
~ Playroom Before & After ~
![]() |
| It was the only room the kids could go in during the remodel that was "Safe" |
~ Master Bedroom ~
Laney's Room Before & After (this was a room that required alot of work - so many issues in this room, but it also turned out really good in the end)
Caleb's Room was the only room that did not undergo a massive amount of work, but I like his room so much that I wanted a picture of it on here too.
Each place we have called home has so many things that are individual to it. With 885 I know we will miss hearing Caleb's little heels bound out of the bed in the morning and patter across the floor (his room is right over our's). I will miss the front porch where I have spent hours on the swing out front watching the kids play in the yard, talking to Ricky and visiting with friends. I will miss gardening around the house and all my plants (hoping to transplant some of those to the new house). We will miss flying kites out in the big open field out back, neighbors and friends we have met; our cozy den with the fireplace and mantle Ricky finished and installed for me. The yard where Laney and Caleb drove their little Jeep all over until it played out; the pond where we have fished with the kids and thrown probably 1,000 rocks. Laney's thinking spot out back under the big tree and so much more. I will miss lots of things from this house, but I love knowing that we are leaving this place much better than we found it and that the memories we made there we will carry with us.
And we will go, knowing that our new home is waiting for us to come and make all sorts of memories there. It really is bitter sweet - topped off with a bit of excitement :)












No comments:
Post a Comment