Thursday, January 8, 2015

Garages and rounding the corner

My name is Bethany. And I have a confession - I have never had a garage. But guess what? That is changing. The new house has a lovely  garage. It isn't pretty, but it is there! And now - we have nice, working garage doors too! I realize some people may not realize why this is a big deal, but it is a BIG DEALto me. I have been parking outside not under any sort of cover my entire driving life. I really never minded. And I never really thought that much about a garage, but that is changing quickly. 

Nice little garage door openers (don't worry those wood walls days are numbered.)
Aren't the new doors so pretty? We were really pleased with them once they were installed. It is really hard to pick out garage doors when you have never even had a garage before. But, so far, we really like these guys.
the new doors. 
I think the new doors are a nice improvement over the old door, no? :) 
So- not only do we have lovely new garage doors, but we also have rounded some sort of corner with the house renovations. There seem to be several corners we round during house renovating. Typically these are the stages:
1) Buy the house and see it thru rose colored glasses - its usually in fairly poor shape during this stage but all we see is this diamond in the ruff.
2) The house goes from bad to worse. Suddenly you have no idea what you are doing with the house renovations and this usually blends over into having no idea what you are doing in life in general!
3) Things start to finally come together and slowly your enthusiasm begins to return. (This is our current status.)
4) Suddenly you look up and you see the house that you originally envisioned in stage 1. (This is what we are looking forward to at the moment!)
So, ignore the driveway and brick that needs desperately to be pressure washed, this side of the house is making us feel stage 4 isn't so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment